Reno had surgery on Thursday to get neutered at a local Vet. It was a really nice place, and the staff was pretty nice to work with. That is! Until I got a phone call from the office saying that they had some bad news. After waking up from his surgery they took him out for a walk, well after putting him back in is crate they didn't completely lock it. Reno just had to give it a bit of a nudge I guess and pop there it went. They don't me that they had the back door open and after the crate popped open the walked out the door. The Vet techs called but he didn't come to them. When they went for him he took off down the road. I was out looking for him for about an 1hr and half. Before I can over to work to take a break. I was an emotionally drained. It shocked me that they hadn't called and given me any updates until I went over to the office to see what was going on. After I got there they told me that Reno was seen over in this field across from our local CostCo. Which is a bit irritating because I was off looking for him in the opposite direction, because that was the direction they last gave me. Jumped in the car and headed over there to look for him. After about 30min or so of looking for him I pulled over just to sit and look around for a bit. Sure enough Reno came over a little ridge that I had just driven by. He was spooked a bit but in good shape. Came right over to me and then jumped into the truck. We headed over to the Vets office to have him look at him and to let them know that I found him. When I got there the Vet was in seeing another dog. In my book if you lose a dog there is no way in hell that you should still be seeing other dogs. That dog should be your top priority period. The Vet just said sorry, but didn't want to look at his incision or anything. Was just way to nonchalant about it for my taste. I was pretty calm about it for the most part. So didn't say anything and just headed home. After being home for just a short bit Reno was just standing next to his bed and didn't look like he wanted to lay down, but then he started to wobble and just collapsed with exhaustion. Poor guy. It really wasn't till that point did I get wicked pissed. Reno incision looked good and he is now doing just fine. Took him a bit before he could eat and hold down his food, but is eating like a champ now. I have been taking him out on some low key walks over the last few days just to make sure he does OK. I'm thinking he is about ready for some runs, but we will take it slow and see how he does this morning.
I was talking to my mom about the whole thing and as I did it started to hit me how I react to certain situations. When things are really bad I do tend to get pretty calm...kinda like I do when I'm working and things get south. But when things are really small and pretty minor I tend to get a lot more cranky and pissy about things. I know, its kinda strange. I just love realizing my personality flaws. Like don't have enough of them to work on already...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment