Like I said in the earlier post, its been pretty damn crazy for me. One of the girls that I worked with was let go and I happened to pick up most of her shifts. So I have had limited amount time to get out and about to do anything real exciting. But my walks have been turning more into runs. I have been running about 3 days a week for the last 2 weeks, and walking anywhere from 3 to 9 miles on the off days. Only doing 2.5 miles or so of running, but its a start. I do warm down normally with a couple of extra miles of walking. Reno does just great on the runs and getting better and better with staying right by my side. It is just great going out and running or walking with Reno.
I did also buy a new HR monitor/watch. I got the Garmin 405cx, still haven't had a chance to really sit down and play with it yet. It has a ton of features on it and can do some many things. Not sure how much I'm liking the touch bezel on it. I will try and upload a picture of it at some point. I thought it would be great to have to measure real progress or digress. It can hard at times to try and match your perception of things to reality. So we shall see. I have already seen a bit of progress in my times and I haven't really been trying to push myself that hard. One because I have always hated running and two I don't want to burn myself out.
Bought a pair of running shoes as well. The Brooks Ghost 3's. Went in and got fitted, and found out that the shoes that I was currently using were the opposite of what I should have been using for my feet. My ankles are more neutral and the ones that I did have were pushing them to the outside causing all my ankles and knees pain. Since having these I really haven't had any knee or ankle pain. I was having a lot pain even at the end of my work shift. I wore them a few times just to break them in at work and my feet felt great. Since I got my tax return and have been working extra shifts I thought it would be a good idea to buy another pair. One for running and the other for work. Most of my runs at this point in time are after work, so having sore feet is not a big help in staying motivated to run. Red pair for work and green pair for running. I thought it would be fun to log how many miles I put on my running shoes..lol. Bought running socks to as well for the first time. They are very well worth it. My feet sweat a lot and these have been really good for giving a little bit of extra support and letting my feet breath. I have started about switching out all my socks to run or biking socks.
No comments:
Post a Comment