Friday, September 11, 2009

Catching up

Well I wish there was a lot to talk about, but it has been a bit boring on the home front. Made the decision to just see Jonathan everyone other Sunday threw Thursday. That was rough decision to make, not being with him and having him around really make my down time feel like time is just standing still. The good thing is that I will be able to see him on the off weeks, he just won't be able to stay the night with me. That whole process has kinda gotten me down a bit. Just haven't felt like talking to anyone, or doing a whole heck of a lot. It's not like I have a ton of things on my plate to do anyway! Go back to work is always a good pick me up.

Started working on the fish tank. Took the canopy off and cleaned it, got rid of a lot of the rock that was dead and just sitting in the tank. I'm going to get rid of prob 1/3 of all the crushed coral and replace it with just some regular live sand. I also don't think that I 'm going to have as deep of a sandbed this time either. Some say that you should, so that you can use it as another filter, but I don't think I'm going to do that. The deep sand bed last time,I think, caused some of the algae problems that I had. Once I get it cleaned and prepped I will try and get some pictures up. Started doing some research on aquascaping, there is a ton of info out on the net. I'm still not that sure what I want to do with it. One of the other big things that I want to do is try and do some more homework on the overflow system, one so that if I do have a power outage the tank doesn't overflow, two I want to try and reduce the amount of noise that is being made by the overflow box, and third I have been thinking of putting in some plexiglass  in the sump. That way I can keep things a bit more organized in the sump, reduce the amount of noise from the water draining in from the overflow, and should even be able to keep some extra live rock in there as well.

Did some rearranging of the apt as well. Some of it is going to depend on whether or not I end up taking on a roommate. The only thing that I don't like about the way the living room is set up is that the love seat is in front of the fireplace. I could move it over more, so that its across from the other couch, but then I don't think it looks right. The space feels off some how. I might just move the love seat out of the way when I want to use the fireplace and move it back when I'm done. I want a recliner really bad, so if I get a roommate then for sure its going to go in my bedroom if not well I will prob. put it in the living room. I also moved the computer out of my bedroom and into the living room as well, it looks good there but again if I get a roommate then I'm prob. just going to have to put it back in my room. For the final touches I want to get a few indoor trees and maybe a plant or two. Oh, the wall with the couch is pretty darn bare and needs something on it.and not sure what to put on that wall. Any suggestions?  

On my days off I have been going over to the gym. Its a start in the right direction, but with my shoulders hurting as much as they have I have been really reluctant to do any wt lifting. So for now all I have been doing is shooting around on the basketball court for about an hr or 2 and then hitting the elliptical or bike for about another 30-45min. Golds has the cinema room which is nice because the time just flies by, unless there is a crappy movie playing. I have been thinking about getting a trainer as well. I don't have a workout partner and its been hard to stay motivated. I thought if I saw one a couple times a month they can't help me stay motivated and keep me on track with were I need to be. Money, money, money, I just don't want to part with it. Have a few things that I really want to get paid off before I start spending more money on things that I don't have to have right at the moment.

Since I have been hanging out at the apt and not really doing much I started to watch the TV show Lost. Its right up there with Hero's. Those are my two fav shows to follow. I have been following Lost on Netflix, I just got finished with the 2nd season. They don't have the last two seasons  but that ok I don't like to follow shows from week to week. I end up with a ton of shows to watch and wasting a lot of time that could be spent doing something else. That's about it, if anything new happens I will for sure update everyone.

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

You should check out the TV series Dexter!

Anonymous said...

I love to decorate! Let me at it! Don't cover up that nice fireplace! And yes, pictures and plants would liven up the place a lot.
Sorry to hear about the deal with Jonathan.

Post a Comment