Friday, September 24, 2010

Random thoughts/Reno

Well it sure does feel like it been forever since my last post. I hate going this long between posts. I just feel like there is so much being left out, that I know I want to be sharing. I have had a few chances but for one reason or another I just don't like blogging on my desktop. Something about the feel of typing it out on the laptop that just seems to feel right. So now I just need to fix my laptop and I should be back in business! 

It has been a crazy month of driving back and forth to Salt Lake and most importantly the drive up to Reno, NV to pick up my new pup. Shocking enough the Name Reno just seemed to fit. I had been playing around with so many names and when I threw this one out there it just stuck and Panda/Reno seemed to respond to it.

Most of the drive wasn't that bad, that is until daylight broke and then is was nothing but desert......It was so much nicer not being able to the the nothingness at night. Everything seemed so peaceful, and there were so many stars to be seen. Got into Reno pretty early. I was so stoked to leave and get Reno that I left 3hrs earlier than I really needed to. Again part of that was the fact that I do like starting out my drives at night, for the most part. Got rapped while stopped in Elko, NV for  gas. Wasn't really sure how big this place was or when I might be able to get gas so I saw the Chevron and pulled in. $3.55 a gallon. Ouch! Didn't make that mistake on the way back. Since I had gotten in early I just thought  I would  look around and see some of the sites. I was really hoping to head over to Lake Tahoe, but that just didn't fit in the time schedule.
I did however get a chance to stop by this very over-sized strip mall. I had never hear of it, but I'm guessing that its a pretty popular and well known place, www.scheelssports.com, SCHEELS. It has to be cuz the place was flippin huge! It is kinda like Cabella's but just a lot more stuff. I had more photo's but can't seem to find them at the moment so this is what you get. This picture doesn't do it justice but it was twice the sized of the one that Cabella's has at there place in Lehi.

Grabbed a quick bite to eat a nice little bbq joint there in Sparks, NV and just kinda hung out till it was time to head over to pick him. I met her at about her place at about 1500 or so. I was really kinda shocked when I drove up to the door, because it was just this suburban house in a suburban neighborhood. She had at one point 11 dalmatians on the property. While I was there she had 9, but was getting a litter of pups the following week. Pretty sure the reason I got him for free was because someone called and she got into trouble.
I was pleasently surprised when I saw him. He was small than I was expecting. Max my first male dalmatian I had was a big stout boy, or my mom put it a bull in china shop!



Since I was hoping to get a girl in the first place and found him it was nice to have the smaller size. I fell in love with him almost from the get go. He was bit timid and shy, but warmed up pretty quick. He has a great personality and is pretty mellow all things considered. She, Carol, went over all his paperwork and talked about things to expect and so on....most of which we both knew that I knew already. Its a shame that she had some many pups. You could tell from all the time and effort she put into the paperwork, shot records, and history that she cares very much so for all the dogs. Just way to many to really spend that quality time with them to train them and socialize them.
After rapping things up with her I was just going to get back on the road and cruise back, however Reno had other plans. He did not want to say in the back cargo area, and just seemed to be a bit stressed. So I stopped back over at SCHEELS to get him a crate. If you know me, you know that I can't just get one thing. So I got his collar, leash, and a really cool carry pack for him. Haven't taken a picture of it yet but you should really check this thing out.... http://www.ruffwear.com/Palisades-Pack. We all in  hand we hit the road and he was just a cool as a cucumber in his new crate. I had brought a blanket and my pancho liner for him to use as bedding. I was getting pretty tired so pulled over at a rest stop and crawled in the back with him for a few hrs of sleep. From that point on he really has been stock on me. Made the rest of the trip without incident, and was glad to get to Ed's place and sack of for a few more hrs. I guess I really shouldn't use the work sack! Because my brother in all his glory, forgot I would back early, greeted me in his LITTLE glory. Spooked him when I got home so he came out startled and butt ass naked! Ya didn't need that.


Here is one of the pic's I got of Reno while at Ed's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment