Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jonathan Update!

So, I'm down and out from working last night, wake up to phone call from the Franklin Mint wanting to me to buy more coins, after promptly kicking them to the curb I notice a voice mail with an 801 prefix. Sure enough it was Jonathan calling me from school. He has had some problems staying focused in class and one of the things that his mom and I  set up was that he would have to call home if he got 5 tally marks. Those are just check marks, its what they want to call them. So needless to say I'm a bit bummed out to know that by 1100 he is already in trouble. I hate missing the call, but I was knocked out! His teach is supposed to call his mom on the days that I'm working, so I don't know why they called me. Gave a shout out to his mom later last last night when I got some down time and she told me that they didn't call her and that he had only 4 tally marks. I could feel the steam rise and power out of my ears to hear that Jonathan had lied to his mom. Trust me I'm not her biggest fan but that is just not tolerated. I'm also getting a bit cranky at the fact that he keeps having problems at school with keeping out of trouble. He really needs to learn to respect his teach and his mother...bottom line. 
It really shocked me when she admitted that she isn't tough enough on him. I have fought with this and a way to consitanly tell her that. For getting 5 tally's and lying to her she was only going to ground him for 2 days and just pull his WII away for 2 days. I'm glad she let me talk her out of that. He is now grounded for a week and the WII is gone until he can start to show some respect to his teach and mom. Kinda took me back as well that she agreed as well. I take that back most of the time she will back me on something, but ends up cutting it short. Which is also part of the problem as well. He knows that he is just going to get out of it in short order. I can only hope that she sticks to it. Its such a fine line when dealing with her, I say the wrong thing and dear god I am the devil reborn. Just had to throw in a few " I will support you and your decision". Seemed like that did it. It's so nice letting go of some of my anger towards her. Now I'm not saying that I don't but I am saying that there is only so much I can do. 

I'm really not looking forward to talking to Jonathan about it tomorrow. She always needs me to call and drive it home for her on anything she puts down. Hate calling and being the bad guy! I can only hope that as he grows as a young man that he can see that I'm doing my best to guide him to be a better man. Seems also like it has only gotten worse with him being up in Salt Lake. I just wish that I could be closer to him again. 

The latest news on that side of the house is that she is going to take him to TX. at the end of the school year. I guess she was going to take him in Jan..which I didn't know. So having the extra time here is always nice.It doesn't shock me because as many of you that have been following know is that she changes her mind every 6 months. Now that also bring up the concept of me leaving to move out to TX. Well I can only say that I have no flipping clue! There are lots of options and lots of things to take in. I don't want to move right out and then in another couple of yrs have her move away again if it doesn't work. I can always move to Tucson, it is just 4hrs away and I would also have a huge support system with all the friends that I have there. The other is to move back to Salt Lake and just pray that the sugar daddy falls threw. And that she comes to her senses. I'm just saying....lol. I fight with all of these all the time. St George has really started to grow on me. There is just so much to do and is in such a good location. With that said there is nothing that compares to being close to family friends. 

I know the last few post have gone on for awhile, but this is one that hits close to the heart and how do you not just blabber about your kid and bash on the ex...lmao! j/k. Hope you all have a great day and I will continue to do my best to keep you updated. And again my blog is an open forum for comments, so feel free.   







No comments:

Post a Comment