I got another chance to do a ride along with Ed in the Kearns area of Salt Lake City. It was a busy night all away around just not tremendously exciting. To me it doesn't really matter what we are doing its always fun. I guess the Captain put out that riders are only allowed to do 4hrs stents. Kinda a bummer, makes it really hard to get a lot in. So we kinda cheated and I got to go from 6 to midnight. The highlight was when Ed and I were leaving, from having lunch with a bunch of the guys and gals, we came up on two guys crossing the road and Ed recognized one them. Flipped around and he made the positive ID, called it in, and called for backup. I guess the back story was that this kid made some death threats to one of the officers, who we just had lunch with. I guess the kid has also tried to break into the officers home, so needless to say tension were pretty high with most everyone. Ed was pretty chill because he has run into the kid a few times and had a pretty good re-pore with him. Last call of the night was demestic violence call. Pretty laid back but got to learn a lot about the woman and her customs. She and her 6 kids where from the Sudan. Again always a fun night hanging out with Ed while he works. Thanks Bro!
Hey boys and girls welcome to my blog. I hope to razzle and dazzle you with the adventures of my life. Well maybe not razzle and dazzle, but at least share some insight into some of the things going on in my life. Really hope you enjoy and feel free to respond.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Ride along with Ed
I got another chance to do a ride along with Ed in the Kearns area of Salt Lake City. It was a busy night all away around just not tremendously exciting. To me it doesn't really matter what we are doing its always fun. I guess the Captain put out that riders are only allowed to do 4hrs stents. Kinda a bummer, makes it really hard to get a lot in. So we kinda cheated and I got to go from 6 to midnight. The highlight was when Ed and I were leaving, from having lunch with a bunch of the guys and gals, we came up on two guys crossing the road and Ed recognized one them. Flipped around and he made the positive ID, called it in, and called for backup. I guess the back story was that this kid made some death threats to one of the officers, who we just had lunch with. I guess the kid has also tried to break into the officers home, so needless to say tension were pretty high with most everyone. Ed was pretty chill because he has run into the kid a few times and had a pretty good re-pore with him. Last call of the night was demestic violence call. Pretty laid back but got to learn a lot about the woman and her customs. She and her 6 kids where from the Sudan. Again always a fun night hanging out with Ed while he works. Thanks Bro!
No comments:
Post a Comment